YRG CARE and Sri Ramachandra Medical University (SRU), Porur, Chennai, signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on 13 May 2016 for a long-term collaboration. SRU is an internationally renowned teaching and research institution in medical, dental and other allied health sciences.
The key elements of the collaboration are:
- Joint teaching and research programs (including clinical trials) in various areas such as: HIV disease, HCV disease, General Medicine, Medical Microbiology, Biotechnology, Drug Development, Clinical and Molecular Biology and other areas of basic medical and allied sciences.
- Project work and training at the undergraduate and postgraduate (masters and doctoral levels) to be carried out at both SRU and YRG CARE.
- Jointly conducting conferences, workshops, symposia and other courses.
- Facultydevelopment in fields of mutual interest such asepidemiology including study design, and biostatistics.
- Guest lectures by visiting faculty between the two institutions
A steering committee will guide these joint efforts.